Apprentice Software Engineer
BrainTrust Holdings has an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to gain experience as a Software Engineer. This position will provide on-the-job training and mentoring from more senior Engineers. You will be supporting a government customer and helping to implement cutting edge technology that impacts a critical mission.
- Candidates must have 2 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience of software development
Or at least one (1) year of software testing experience or have experience in the testing of systems at the component, integration, system, and end-to-end levels
Proficient in the development and implementation of test strategies, plans, procedures, and reports
- Minimum of 1+ year of HTML and 1+ years with CSS
- Experience with Mainstream IDE’s (Eclipse)
- Experience with source controls (GITHUB)
- Experience with Apache Build Manager for JAVA projects. (MAVEN)
- Experience with Open Source tools for continuous integration. (Jenkins)
- Experience with development methodologies (Scrum, Agile, etc)
- Familiar with object oriented design and implementation.
- Experience programmatically testing code in the Selenium test suite based on JavsScript.
- Understanding of basic UNIX, DOS and Windows commands
- Shall have experience with SIGINT Software development within the DOD environment
- Shall have experience with working with and providing technical support to developers
- Web Frameworks (AngularJS, EmberJS, BackboneJS, etc)
- Familiarity of interacting with RESTful endpoints
- Application Frameworks (Spring, Play, NodeJS, etc)
- Linux environment experience/comfort
- Container experience (Tomcat, etc..)
- UI Usability experience/design
- Experience utilizing a ticketing system (JIRA)
- Experience with databases (MongDB)
- Experience with Web UI helper libraries (jQuery)
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with Testing frameworks such as Selenium or SOAP UI
- Writing test cases and writing discrepancy reports
BrainTrust is a top-tier consulting and engineering firm located in Annapolis Junction, MD. Our 60+ employees are focused on tackling the most difficult challenges of the US Government. We offer the best salaries and benefits packages in our industry – to find and retain the top talent in support of our critical mission objectives. We specialize in Cloud Computing, Massive Data Storage/Retrieval, Analysis, Cyber, and Mission Operations.
BrainTrust is an AAP/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, gender identity, genetic identity, marital status, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability.